Positions Available: 2 Full time (part time may be considered based on ideal candidate’s preference)
Location: Cook, MN and willing to fill in at Tower clinic as needed
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
We’re currently seeking Full Time Licensed Dental Assistants to support our dental clinic in Cook. This position will work closely with the dental providers to assist in procedures and perform certain oral treatments. Additional responsibilities will include floating between dental providers, sterilization and lab, and back-up reception support. Full or Part time status is based on the ideal candidate’s preference.
Dental Assistant Responsibilities:
- Record patient dental and medical histories as well as treatment information in patient records using the EDR system
- Prepare patient and assist dental providers during procedures and dental emergencies
- Float between providers as necessary
- Perform applications of sealants, fluorides, and other dental agents for the prevention of dental decay
- Operate X-ray machines
- Pour, trim and polish study casts
- Provide patient education to assist with developing and maintaining good oral hygiene
- Sterilize and prepare dental equipment prior to patient appointments
- Support an efficient flow of the office by quickly adjusting to appropriate needs throughout the day between chairside assisting, sterilization, or reception.
- Perform reception duties including but not limited to: answering phones, scheduling appointments, registering patients, verifying insurance, calling patients to remind of appointments, calling patients on call list to fill open appointment slots.
Dental Assistant Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills
- Team centered approach
- Customer service oriented
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- Active or eligible for MN Dental Assisting Licensure
- 2-3 years experience in a dental assistant role preferred
- Knowledge and experience with chronic disease patients preferred
- Experience with VisDental or other electronic dental records is also preferred
- New grads are welcome to apply too!
*Full time Benefits:
- 12 Annual Vacation Days, advancing to 20 annual vacation days
- 12 Annual Sick Days
- 6 Annual Holidays & 3 Personal Days
- $2,000 Annual Dental Benefit
- $50,000 Life Insurance Benefit
- Health Insurance options through Blue Cross Blue Shield with HSA
- Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- 403(b) Retirement Plan through RBC Wealth Management
To support our *full time Licensed Dental Assistants we also supply:
- CPR Certification
- 3 Annual Continuing Education Days
- $1,000 Annual Continuing Education Benefit
- Covered License Renewal Costs
*A reduced benefit package is offered to part time employees.