Positions Available: 1 Full Time
Work Location: Cook, MN
A physical presence in the workplace is preferred, but remote work may be considered.
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8am-5pm or flexible based on ideal candidate’s schedule.
Our Cook medical clinic is currently seeking Medical Coding Clerk. The Medical Coding Clerk will follow necessary laws and regulations of medical diagnosis and procedural coding to ensure accurate reimbursement of healthcare claims. This position will also complete insurance referrals as appropriate for medical patients and track immunizations given for the medical clinic in Cook, MN to comply with Minnesota Vaccines For Children (MnVFC) guidelines.
Medical Coding Clerk Responsibilities:
- Review, reconcile and complete daily patient superbills with medical provider notes in patient charts utilizing the Electronic Medical Records system
- Accurately code medical provider diagnoses and procedures with ICD-10 for proper insurance billing
- Log and track MnVFC immunizations given at Cook medical site and determine patient eligibility for free or full cost vaccinations; code appropriate charges into the data practice management system
- Order and manage usage of vaccinations for the medical clinic in Cook
- As necessary, communicate with medical facilities and patients to process required medical insurance referrals
- Follow Cook Area Health Services Compliance Plan and adhere to new guidelines as required
Medical Coding Clerk Requirements:
- Medical Coding knowledge with ICD-10
- Experience with medical terminology
- Analytical & critical thinking skills
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Time management
- High School diploma
- Certificate in ICD 10 Medical Coding (Additional years of experience may substitute the coding certificate).
- One or more years experience working in a medical facility.
- Strong understanding of Electronic Medical Records systems
- Experience in Microsoft Office Programs (excel, word, outlook, etc.)
- 12 Annual Vacation Days
- 12 Annual Sick Days
- 6 Holidays and 3 Personal Days
- $2,000 Annual Dental Benefit
- $50,000 Life Insurance Benefit
- Health Insurance options through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN with HSA
- Dependent care flex spending account
- Retirement plans through RBC Wealth Management